ICOMIA MARINAS GROUP (IMG)
IMG Golden Cleat Marina Award
Recognizing Lifetime Dedication and Outstanding Individuals
The ICOMIA Marinas Group ‘IMG Golden Cleat Marina Award’ is a newly created distinction designed to honor outstanding individuals who have demonstrated a true commitment to the global marina community throughout their careers.
This includes the following two categories:
- LIFETIME DEDICATION: Exceptional leadership, advocacy and dedication to the betterment of the world’s marina industry
- SUSTAINABILITY AND INNOVATION: An industry leader who has demonstrated leading edge mindset and commitment that would result in sustainability, innovation and environment protection.
The ICOMIA Marinas Group seeks to improve the sharing and exchange of information with respect to the development and best practice management of marinas, boat storage facilities, boating access and associated infrastructure throughout the world.
The universal mission of the ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG) is to improve the quality of the recreational boating experience through the development of marinas, yacht harbors, boatyards and small boat launching ramps.
The IMG's goals are to provide international leadership and a forum for the exchange of relevant technical, environmental, and marketing information; to forge a partnership between marina interests and recreational marine equipment manufacturers for strength and unity in securing and preserving waterfrontage for boat access; to educate government to the economic importance and environmental compatibility of recreational boating facilities with a view to easing regulatory barriers; and to network with others in the recreational boating facilities field, pooling information for the common good.
An important goal of the awards is to recognize and acclaim individuals with outstanding conducts and achievements in the fields that IMG defines as the orientation lines and models of the Marina Industry worldwide.
"The day ended with a fantastic Gala Dinner on Queen Elizabeth 2 during which ICOMIA Marinas Group Golden Cleat Awards were presented, for the first time, including the categories of Lifetime Dedication and Sustainability & Innovation. The newly created awards’ aim is to recognise and honor outstanding individuals who have demonstrated a true commitment to the global marina community throughout their careers. The winner of the Lifetime Dedication Award is Oscar Siches, while Lars Brandt received the Sustainability & Innovation Award."
The last year winner says
2023 ICOMIA MARINAS GROUP (IMG)
Golden Cleat Award Nomination Form
All applications have to be submitted in the required format/template and will be judged by a panel of three industry experts nominated by IMG.
Only one recipient per category will be chosen and will be asked to confirm their acceptance of this award, provide one high resolution headshot along with their professional bio. It is mandatory that the award winners or their designee are present at the conference’s Gala Dinner Award Ceremony.
The judging panel is nominated by IMG and can be changed whenever necessary but never during an award evaluation process.
- Nominations must be submitted by a third party. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- All nominees must consent to their nomination as their name and profile may be published in marketing materials associated with this event.
- The deadline dates will be established every two years and according to each World Marina Conference. Nominations must be submitted no less than three months prior to the specific conference date. See Annex 1 for specific deadline date.
- Nominations are open to ICOMIA members and non-members either living or posthumously and not limited to any specific geographical location.
- Per submission, only two separate nominations per nominee will be accepted, one per category. Submissions of more than one nominee per category will be disqualified from the nomination and awarding process.
- In the event of insufficient nominations, it is up to the discretion of the jury to decide, or to suspend the awards in any or both categories.
- Applications must be completed in its entirely and submitted by email to email@example.com
- Annex I is the application form template to be completed by the nominator.